Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Ice Ice Baby

Ice Ice Baby


All right stop, Collaborate and listen Ice is back with my brand new invention Something grabs a hold of me tightly Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know 


It takes a lot of stopping, and listening, and collaboration to make a baby. Especially the way we have to make babies. This adventure requires family members, friends, bosses, co-workers, medical professionals....and of course the potential momma and daddy to all be in cahoots. To collaborate. To support. I thank you. Noah's Grandma for taking care of him through all these procedures, my bosses, Chris' boss...being flexible and understanding. The messages, texts, the offers of help, and the words of support. Not to mention the organization of my clinic Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine to provide the best care. I thank you all, I'm so appreciative of you. 

I remember walking through a park, talking with another woman who happens to be "Part of My World" (click to read). Struggling with the secrecy of this 'deep dark secret' of infertility, she asked me, "How can you be so open about this?"
I learned many years ago, this can eat you alive. It festers like a nasty tumor, it starts in your heart and turns your insides hard and bitter. Frustration, anger, jealousy. It makes your beauty turn into a beast. When I started sharing, at first just with family and close friends, it allowed people to give me grace. It developed empathy in their hearts. It gave me the safety net, so when I had to jump out the burning building of my insides, someone caught me. People care. They want to help, but they can't protect you and comfort you if they don't know that you need it. That's why I share. It's educational for those who have no idea this world exists. It's a self-preservation technique. I no longer had to make up excuses for not attending baby showers. It's providing me with a group of cheerleaders. Most importantly I'm connecting with so many others who can relate...when I share, they don't have to. They can connect privately and know they aren't alone. 
        Today we transferred our Ice Ice Babies. Having been frozen for over three years now, the last of our embryos, it's time to go Encino Man here and let them into the world. The past 6 months has been a complete roller coaster ride....Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know. 

     But Something grabs a hold of me tightly. My friends, my family, the people in my life are wrapping their arms around me in support, they are stopping to listen. I love them for it.

Our Ice Ice Babies survived the thaw beautifully. They both recovered 90% of their cells and both continued to multiply and divide, and progress. One of them has even begun "hatching" from it's shell, the cytotrophoblastic shell, so it is ready to nestle in. We transferred both, and have been given a 75% chance of a positive pregnancy test. I am now on bed rest for the next three days, which puts a lot of pressure on Chris. Thank you honey. Please continue to pray, to support, and encourage us. 

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

5 comments:

  1. Perfect!

    Sending baby dust and kisses. Love and light and positive energy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!

    Sending baby dust, love and light and positive energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayer to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and your family and sending love and positive thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you and praying for you let us know if we can help with anything,
    Wendy and Dad

    ReplyDelete